1145325 - Whole frozen natural chicken
Regular price: $13.03/kg
Weight approx. 1.5kg-2.5kg
Displayed price calculated on 2 kg
The natural whole chicken raised at Valens Farms is free-range, allowing it to have enough space to move around the henhouse. It is fed on a feed containing more than 85% grain, and a protein intake is also guaranteed.
Our farmers do not use any antibiotics in the breeding of natural chickens.
Chicken meat is known to be an excellent source of lean protein, low in calories and rich in vitamins and minerals. Among the nutrients contained in good quantities in chicken, we should mention phosphorus, which plays an essential role in the formation and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth. Selenium is one of the main antioxidant enzymes, as well as vitamins B3 and B6, which contribute to the production of energy and the manufacture of red blood cells.
For cooking, the whole chicken is traditionally roasted in the oven. We propose the emblematic recipe for roast chicken and jacket potatoes:
- Preheat the oven to 200°.
- Wash the potatoes (700 g of small potatoes), put them in a saucepan, cover with cold water, bring to the boil, cook for 5 minutes and then refresh under cold water.
- Rub the chicken with fleur de sel and thyme sprigs, season with pepper and tie it up.
- Place the chicken in a dish and drizzle with 5 cl of olive oil. Put the chicken in the preheated oven.
- After 15 minutes, turn the oven down to 180°.
- Divide the potatoes and 4 cloves of garlic around the chicken, and return the chicken to the oven for 1 hour, turning it every 15 minutes and basting it.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the chicken and potatoes with fleur de sel before eating.
All you have to do is invite your friends and family!