Quality pork slowly smoked in our ovens. Ready to eat.
Unit of approximately 480g-600g
The half ham comes from one of the three major muscles of the pig's buttock: the inside round, the outside round and the sirloin tip.
Slowly roasted in our ovens in our workshops, the pork half ham is ready to be eaten.
At Valens Farms, natural pigs are fed an all-natural diet consisting mainly of grains, such as corn and barley, and vitamin and mineral supplements for optimal nutrition. The pork is free of drug residues, as our farmers do not use any hormones or antibiotics in their production.
Ham is an essential product in the kitchen, and its nutritional benefits (high in protein and low in fat) make it an essential part of the daily diet for the whole family.
Recipe for maple and pineapple ham:
- Place the ham half in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil over medium heat and then simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven with the rack in the middle at 140 °C.
- Drain the ham and sprinkle with cloves (20 to 30).
- Place the ham in an ovenproof dish, cover with pineapple slices (400 ml can) and add the pineapple juice and 540 ml of maple syrup.
- Bake uncovered for 90 minutes, basting the ham with the pineapple juice and syrup mixture 2 or 3 times.
- Serve with diced potatoes that you have fried in the pan with onions, bacon and fresh herbs such as thyme and rosemary.
Get ready to gather around the table!