A bacon delicately smoked in our workshop with two types of wood (maple and cherry) that give it a unique taste that everyone loves!
Package of approx. 195g-245g
Bacon comes from the side of the pig (the belly), and depending on the part of the side from which it comes, it will be more or less fatty. If it is taken from the belly, it will be leaner.
The know-how of the farmers allows the production of a better quality of pork. At Les Fermes Valens, the pig farming carried out by our farmers allows the production of better quality pork.
Our teams also prepare the bacon in our workshops. The bacon is delicately smoked here, obtaining its unique flavour from two types of wood, maple and cherry.
Because of its crisp, golden cooking and caramelised aftertaste, bacon can be used in both savoury dishes and desserts.
We propose a recipe for whoopies with bacon and scrambled eggs ideal for your aperitifs or your family brunches. The whoopie is a small individual sandwich.
Preparation of whoopies:
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (th. 6)
- Mix 100 g soft butter with 2 whole eggs. Add 200 g of flour, half a teaspoon of baking powder and stir.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper. Make small piles of the dough, spacing them well apart, and flatten them with the back of a tablespoon (be careful, they will puff up when cooked). Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a frying pan to white and fry 150 g of sliced bacon in it, before draining it on absorbent paper.
- Break 4 eggs into a bowl, beat them into an omelette and season with salt and pepper. Prepare them as scrambled eggs in a frying pan: heat 30 g of butter, pour in the eggs and work them with a wooden spoon until they set.
- Once the pastry is out of the oven, top half of the whoopies with scrambled eggs and a slice of bacon and top with a whoopie. Serve hot.
Let yourself be surprised by the bacon!