Regular price : 36.40$ / kg
Approximate weight: 350g
Our 100% grass-fed beef cattle are certified organic by Pro-Cert: they are fed exclusively on natural grass and hay all year round and throughout their lives. We adapt their nutrition each season: in the summer, the herd has free access to pastures and, in the winter, our farmers give them organic hay grown during the summer. This is a natural feed without herbicides and pesticides. Organic certification covers not only the feed, but also the animal welfare. Valens Farms can therefore guarantee you local meat without hormones and antibiotics.
What is grass-fed beef?
This means that the animal benefits from an exclusively natural diet. Cattle are fed with grass from the pastures or hay from the harvest. Their diet is therefore free of pesticides and herbicides.
How long can I keep 1 package of lean, grass-fed organic ground beef?
Our fresh meat order is vacuum packed before being frozen. You can therefore keep it for one year in the freezer. Once defrosted, it is best to consume the meat within 3 to 5 days.
How do I defrost lean ground beef?
Freezing allows our beef to keep all its nutritional values. You can let the meat thaw the beef in the refrigerator, or soak it in water for a faster thaw.
How to cook lean, grass-fed organic ground beef?
For ideal cooking, we suggest cooking the lean ground beef in a non-stick pan over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. As it cooks, crumble it. Drain and season to taste.
Recipe idea with lean, grass-fed ground beef:
Lean ground beef with carrots and cumin
- 200 grams of our lean, grass-fed ground beef
700 grams of our organic carrot cubes
- 1 onion
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil
Add the minced onion and shallot, then our cubed carrots
- Sprinkle with cumin and mix
- Add a little water, cover and let cook on low heat for 20 minutes
- Spread the carrots around the edges of the pan, place the lean ground beef in the center and stir to cook.
- Stir it all up and enjoy!
At Valens Farms, you have the possibility to pay by credit card or interac transfer.
Once you have placed your order :
- We validate the final amount of the order (the price indicated on the site is based on average weights);
- We will then contact you to take your credit card number or provide you with the necessary information to complete the Interac transfer by email.